Forgot your Android lock screen pattern, PIN or password? Here’s what to do
#1 Unlock your Android device using Android Device Manager (ADM)
- On a computer or other mobile phone, visit: google.com/android/devicemanager
- Sign in using your Google login details that you also used on your locked phone.
- In the ADM interface, select the device you need to unlock (if it isn’t already selected).
- Select ‘Lock’
- In the appearing window, enter a temporary password. You don’t have to enter a recovery message. Now click ‘Lock’ again.
- If it was successful, you should see a confirmation below the box with the buttons Ring, Lock and Erase.
- On your phone you should now see a password field in which you should enter the temporary password. This should unlock your phone.
- Now, before you go on with your life, go to your phone’s lock screen settings and disable the temporary password.
- That’s it!
#2 Unlock your Android lock screen pattern with your Google Login (only Android 4.4 and below)
- Enter a wrong lock screen pattern five times (shouldn’t be hard if you don’t remember the correct one)
- Select ‘Forgot Pattern’
- Now you should be able to enter a backup PIN or your Google account login.
- Enter either your backup PIN or your Google login.
- Your phone should now be unlocked.
#3 Bypass your Samsung phone’s lock screen using its Find My Mobile tool
- Go to Samsung Find My Mobile.
- Sign in using your Samsung login details.
- In the Find My Mobile account interface you should see your registered phone on the left hand side. This tells you that you’re phone is registered to that account.
- On the left sidebar, select ‘Unlock my screen’.
- Now select ‘Unlock’ and wait for a few seconds for the process to finish.
- You should get a notification window telling you that your screen is unlocked.
- That’s it. Your phone should be unlocked.
#4 Disable your lock screen using custom recovery and “Pattern Password Disable” (SD card needed)
- Download the Pattern Password Disable ZIP file on your computer and put it on an SD card.
- Insert the SD card into your phone.
- Reboot your phone into recovery.
- Flash the ZIP file on your SD card.
- Your phone should boot up without a locked screen. Should there be a password or gesture lock screen, don’t panic. Just type in a random password or gesture and your phone should unlock.